Frequently Asked Questions
DO WE REQUIRE A CONTRACTOR OR SPECIFIC APPOINTMENT TO VISIT A LAKEVILLE SHOWROOM?
- Our showroom is Open to the Public, as well as to the professional building trades. We sell both to the professional trade and public.
- It is important to let us know if you are working specifically with a contractor, or would like a professional referral for your kitchen or bath project.
- Our showroom is open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 10am to 5pm; Thursday 10am to 8pm; and Saturday from 10am to 4pm. No appointment is required to visit our showroom in order to view our displays and receive important product information.
- It is, though highly recommended to call for an appointment, if you need more dedicated design time and consultation prior to visiting one of our showroom locations. One of our qualified design staff will contact you to make an appointment to meet you.
- On your initial visit to our showroom we recommend bringing your kitchen measurements, if they are available. It will serve as a very constructive starting point to the design process.
WHAT ARE YOUR STANDARD LEAD TIMES?
- The typical lead time depends upon the manufacturer of the cabinet chosen.
- For our “stock” line of kitchen cabinets, approx. 7‐10 business days. For our “semi‐custom” kitchen cabinets, approx. 6 – 8 weeks. For our “custom” cabinets, approx. 8‐12 weeks.
- All lead times can vary depending upon time of year, activity level of the manufacturer and weather conditions. Please inquire regarding current lead time.
WHAT NUMBER SHOULD I USE TO CONTACT THE SHOWROOM?
DO YOU PROVIDE FREE DESIGN SERVICE?
- Our staff of qualified and professional designers will always offer initial design suggestions and input in order to demonstrate their competency and skills, and to further offer a budget for your kitchen project.
- It is also standard to ask for a small retainer in order to prepare and release full and detailed design layouts and elevations.
- When you proceed with the cabinet purchase, all retainers are deducted from the final sales price of your kitchen.
DOES LAKEVILLE OFFER INSTALLATION?
- No, Lakeville does not offer installation services directly, but will offer recommendations of professional installers and contractors that we have worked with and have had positive experience and feedback.
DOES LAKEVILLE OFFER HARDWARE/HANDLES?
- Yes, Lakeville does offer a standard selection of no charge hardware with your purchase of cabinetry over $20,000.
- Please see our hardware board when you visit our showroom.
- Please also be aware that all decorative hardware must be drilled and installed by your contractor or installer.
DO I NEED TO PAY SALES TAX ON MY CABINETS?
- Please understand we only collect the sales tax for the State of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
- We are very strict in our responsibility of collecting and transferring sales tax to the state.
- We MUST collect sales tax in all transactions.